name="twitter:site" content=""/> name="twitter:creator" content=""/> name="twitter:title" content="Leftover thanksgiving Panini"/> College Cooking with Carrie: Cheesy Broccoli Noodles

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Cheesy Broccoli Noodles

Hey all!
So today my meal was this amazing hamburger helper box of cheesy broccoli. Sure from a box and yes, you don't need me to make it. But the reason I bought this box is I LOVE cheddar broccoli and this box was a dollar. Cheap and delicious is for me!

One thing I have learned through years of a bank account that maxes out at 50 dollars on a good day is buying in bulk is your friend. Start out with one of these bad boys .... 
Will get you through at least 10 meals.

I found these new chicken helper things that are running about a dollar at wal-mart. Super cheap for an entire meal and incredibly good. 

So now that you've bought the bulk chicken and the entire special section of chicken helper ... lets cook! 


Here's what you need .... 
Everything on the back of the box 
Onion 
Pepper 
breadcrumbs (crushed up crackers work too)




Although the box is excellent, I found I like to add things to it as well, spice it up, make it better. 

I happened to have an onion and a pepper in my fridge tonight so I decided to use them. I also would have liked to add mushrooms but we go with what we got. 

Dice up the onions and peppers. Cut up the chicken into cubes as directed on the back of the box. 


Then try tossing the chicken in some bread crumbs, I think it adds a  little extra crunch, makes it so good!
 
After all the prep work, just follow the directions on the box. Cook the chicken first with the onions   and peppers, make sure to cook it fully, uncooked chicken is not good ...

Then add the milk water and sauce packet.
Make sure to fully cook the noodles, the first time I tried this I followed the timing on the back of the box and came out with crunchy noodles. If you need to go ahead and a a bit more water just to allow the noodles to cook longer ... Sometimes, its worth the wait. 

Stir in the Sauce Packet ....



And Voila! Dinner time!!
 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment